Monday, April 30, 2012

Mermaid Monday!

I've decided to start a blog special! I love fantasies and fairy tales--and the mermaid is a unique make-believe creature that inspires amazing nail art! So I am going to start doing Mermaid Mondays! Some will be nail art or patterns, others will just be a mermaid inspired color. I may not be able to do one every Monday, but I will certainly do my best!

So, without further ado, the very first Mermaid Monday! Today's design is inspired by mermaid scales. The grey is sleek and underwater-ly (if that's a word); and the green is the mermaid's tail. (Polish and technique after pictures).





For the base I used OPI Mermaid's Tears. Over the ring finger, I layered on China Glaze Hook And Line. For the scales I used Zoya Opal. Opal just gave it a glittery look, and that wasn't exactly how I wanted it; so I covered them in Essie Matte About You. I think the matte really makes the manicure. It makes them look much less glittery, and more like actual sacles. They definitely still catch the sunlight; but there's a hint of mystery--much like a mermaid.

Stay Serendipitous!



No comments:

Post a Comment