Friday, April 13, 2012

Hunger Games Capitol Colours Collection by China Glaze

I have the entire collection, and I have worn almost every one of them, but, unfortunately, I was lax on the whole picture taking. So I will just review from the publisher's picture going by my reaction to it on my own nails.

I have to post about this collection, I just love it so much.


I was a fan of the original names--I will give each after the review. I think they should have stuck with them, but oh well. They fit the colors better, not to mention they were more relate-able to the movie. (I have no idea how some of the names relate to the colors, i.e. Fast Track).


Dress Me Up - District 8: Textiles ~ You know, I actually like this color a lot. I'm not a big pink person, but it grew on me. I had it on for about a day before I actually started liking it. But it's very subtle (I would never wear a bright pink). It has an easy application and a very smooth and creamy finish. It was shiny without a topcoat! Original Name: Primrose. I can definitely see that. It's so soft and warm, just like a little pink rose. And it definitely fits the character of Prim--it's so sweet and delicate.

Foie Gras - District 10: Livestock ~ This color wasn't one of my favorites, but it was nice. It had the same nice finish as Dress Me Up. Original Name: Rebel. A rebel for Gale. I think this name really fits. It reminds me of the military, or hunting, but definitely Gale.

Fast Track - District 6: Transportation ~ This had an extremely smooth finish too! Ok, so I can stop saying "it had a smooth, creamy, shiny finish" I'm just gonna throw it out there that save for the obvious ones which I will note, they all had that finish. I loved the finish, I kept just rubbing my nails (no, I'm not a weirdo). This color wasn't on the top of the list for me. Maybe it was juts my skin tone, but I didn't think it looked that good. I liked the color though, it was interesting. Original Name: Catnip. I just love that! I like Kantiss, and I love cats, so that's what it makes me think of. It's the only "character" polish that sparkles, like Katniss. And catnip, of course ;)

Hook And Line - District 4: Fishing ~ I don't care what every other review says, I really like this color! Before the line was in stores this ones one of my favorite swatches, and it did not disappoint! I don't know why everyone is hating on it. I thought it was nice. It really did remind me of a day of fishing, almost like a mermaid--and I love mermaids. Original Name: Joined At The Seam. Ok--this is the only polish where I actually prefer the new name--well, maybe not the name, but at least the connotations. This reminds me so much more of fishing that it does of coal mining.

Stone Cold - District 2: Masonry ~ This polish was very interesting. It reminded me of asphalt or coal. It had a grainy matte finish, but it's still smooth. It's a very hard (haha, yes) color, but still palatable. Original Name: Coal Hearted. Even though the names are so similar, I have to say, I like puns. I like coal hearted better.

Smoke And Ashes - District 12: Coal ~ This polish is like none I've ever seen before. It reminds me of a glittering sky. Original Name: Fight To The Finish. The name is strange, but it was supposed to represent the night sky that the tributes looked up at, which I completely think this polish embodies. All the flecks of green and blue in the deep, deep blue just so completely represent the night sky.

AgroDistrict 11: Agriculture ~ Beautiful polish. I love the rich green color just slightly flecked with gold. The name is so weird though. I mean, it definitely reminds me of greenery, but "Agro" is a weird way to put it. Original Name: We Could Run Away. As in, take off live in the woods, etc--as gale said to Katniss. I would have called it "Deep In The Meadow." It reminds me of warm, soft, meadow grass--and of the sweet song Katniss sings to Rue.

Mahogany Magic - District 7: Lumber ~ Also contrary to popular opinion, I really like this color. It's such a warm, rich brown. And I really like brown. Original Name: Baker's Son. I just kept thinking "The Boy with the Bread" when I wore this color. And I like the Boy with the Bread. This color could be the warm crusty outside of bread. I really want this polish to have it's original name... But i think they were looking forward to Effie saying, "That is Mahogany!" in the movie when they named this... =)

Harvest Moon - District 9: Grain ~ This color was so bold and wonderful. I love foil polishes, and this one was no exception! I loved the color--it was like bronzed gold. Original Name: Cinna-mon. Yes. It's a bold color. Cinna is bold--grain is not. And it's gold! Cinna has gold eyeliner!

Riveting - District 3: Technology ~ This color was in one word: amazing. I'm not usually a f an of super bright colors, but I absolutely loved this color! It was so vibrant and fun! Original Name: Fire In Flight. Yes. Just, yes. This color is fire. It is supposed to represent the flaming mockingjay, but I was thinking more "Girl on Fire." This color is electric and amazing.

Electrify - District 5: Power ~ Again amazing! This color was so wonderful! My nails looked as if they were aglow! It was so fun! I only used two coats, and got a perfectly opaque application with no spotting. But to achieve that look I didn't brush on the polish as usual, I sort of blotted it on with the brush. So application tip: If you want full coverage glitter don't sweep the strokes, just dab the brush over your nails. I looked the look of these nails, but they were very rough, even with 3 coats of top coat. So I ended up taking it off pretty soon. The color was fantastic, but it juts felt so weird on my nails. And like all glitters, it was very hard to get off, but that's to be expected. Original Name: Heat of the Moment. To symbolize the flames that that Peeta and Katniss wore in the tribute parade. This color really did look like it was on fire! Even though I feel this color more represents the fire in the flaming capes, I like the name electrify better.

Luxe And Lush - District 1: Luxury Items ~ This was a fun color. It wasn't my favorite, but all my friends loved it. It looks like little diamonds on your nails. And it was not difficult at all to remove. Original Name: Flaming Gems. For the sparkling gem's in Katniss's interview dress that made the flaming look. I think in the case of this one, both names suit.

And yes, another Hunger Games post... But I think I'm done for now... Or at least a little while ;)




No comments:

Post a Comment