Thursday, April 19, 2012

"Baroque" Effie Trinket Reaping Nails "I just...love that!"

I just...love that! That's one of my favorite things Effie says in the movie. That line runs through my head whenever I think of her nails--because I do love them!
Ever since I saw the first Hunger Games trailer I was very intrigued by Effie's nails. I've been wanting to do them for a while, even before the many Effie nails began to appear. I didn't have the right shade of fuchsia I wanted (I still don't), but I wanted to go ahead anyway. I'm very particular about matching colors, but I like the way these colors look. My friend told me they reminded her of Beauty and the Beast; and I have no problem with that--I love Beauty and the Beast. Since I used a slightly darker color than Effie had, I can see where she was going--it has a baroque-ish feel to it.

There's a lot of pictures, but it was so hard to capture the look of it; these pictures don't even do it complete justice. In person the nails looks more fuchsia, which is the color Effie had. Sorry there's so much residue outside the nail. Believe me, I tried to touch it up, but this polish was behaving very badly. The remover was just smearing the polish around and making it worse, so I gave up. =/




One with flash.




The flash made the background so dark! It was just amazing!

Indoors

It looked good from afar. It's very hard to tell, but the distance made the colors blend and made it very appealing. 
 It's amazing what flash can do! =O

Now that all the pictures are done, on to the polish! I used OPI Bastille My Heart and Sponged on China Glaze Passion.

The inspiration herself:




When I get the right color fuchsia (I've been on the lookout) I will re-create and post again!


No comments:

Post a Comment